Character, Commitment, Resiliency, Intensity
Associate Digital Producer
The Calgary Hitmen and Calgary Roughnecks Digital department is seeing an Associate Digital Producer. Reporting to the Digital Content Director, the responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Writing and editing of stories, blogs, photos, video, and news releases on the Roughnecks and Hitmen website properties.
• Work in conjunction with the Digital Media, Media Relations, and Marketing departments to ensure content and promotions on the website are current and informative.
• Oversee and maintain the Roughnecks /Hitmen/Saddledome email blast system.
• Produce a weekly e-mail newsletter for both the Roughnecks and Hitmen fan base and a monthly newsletter for the Scotiabank Saddledome events.
• Produce and execute social media contests, marketing and news utilizing Twitter and Facebook and other social media platforms for the Hitmen and Roughnecks.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a Post-Secondary degree in Journalism/New Media and have a minimum of 2 years experience writing and/or editing in the sports field. In addition you must be fluent in the use of programs such as: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Final Cut. As a Associate Digital Producer you will have a strong English background with the ability to design pages, be creative, write and work with tight timelines, and you must be familiar with social media platforms and trends. Furthermore this multi-tasker will have the ability to produce quickly and efficiently, work in a team environment, and have solid hockey and lacrosse knowledge. Flexibility is important to this role as the chosen candidate will be required to work nights and weekends. Website design knowledge and the ability to work in Content Management Systems for Internet are also considered assets.
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax a copy to (403) 571 – 9701.
Deadline to apply for this position is Friday, September 9, 2011 at noon.