CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Sport Chek Minor Hockey All-Stars (the “Contest”)
Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest is sponsored by Sport Chek International 2000 Ltd. ("Contest Sponsor").
CONTEST PERIOD: Contest opens October 1, 2011 at 6:59 pm MST and closes on February 26, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.MST (the “Contest Period”).
Who Can Enter
1. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are registered in a TimBit, Novice or Atom level hockey team in a recognized minor hockey association in Calgary, Alberta or within l00 km of Calgary, Alberta. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of (i) the Contest Sponsor, (ii) the Calgary Flames, or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees or licensees. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is voided where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
During the Contest Period visit www.calgaryflames.com/sportchek and fill out all the required fields on the application form. All fields must be completed in full on the Contest entry form. Entries that do not contain a valid email address or telephone number will be voided. Entries that contain false, misleading or inappropriate information may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Entries must be received during the Contest Period. Entries received after the Contest Period will not be accepted.
2. In order to be valid, each entry must contain a list of all the participating children’s names, attending parent(s) and/or guardian and phone number(s). All children listed must be registered in a TimBit Notice or Atom level hockey team in a recognized minor hockey association in Calgary, Alberta.
3. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor.
4. All entries will become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
5. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for an entrant’s inability to submit a Contest entry due to any hardware or software malfunction, internet service delay or interruption, inability to access the Contest URL, or any combination thereof. Further, The Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for Contest entries that are incomplete, illegible, incorrect, lost, misdirected or delayed. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entry that it determines does not comply with the criteria stated above or with these official Contest Rules generally.
How to Win
The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. A random draw will be held at 9:00 a.m. on the following dates at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta from all eligible entries received prior to the draw date.
|Draw Date||Calgary Flames Home Game Date|
|November 21, 2011||December 8, 2011; December 22, 2011|
|December 12, 2011||January 10, 2012|
|January 9, 2012||January 24, 2012|
|February 6, 2012||February 23, 2012|
|February 27, 2012||March 13, 2012; March 18, 2012, March 28, 2012|
7. Each entry drawn is hereinafter referred to as a “Selected Entrant”.
8. All Selected Entrants will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor by email or telephone, using the contact information provided on the Contest entry, and notified that they are a Selected Entrant to win a Prize (the “Notification”).
9. If the Selected Entrant does not respond to the Notification within two (2) business days thereof, that Selected Entrant will be automatically disqualified and another entry will be selected.
10. Any Notification made by email that is returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
11. To be declared a Prize Winner and recipient of one of the Prizes (as defined below) the Selected Entrants and all individuals listed on their entry form together with their parents or guardians must first (a) sign a declaration confirming compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and acceptance of the Prize as awarded, (b) sign and return, within the time stipulated, a waiver and release of the Contest Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, volunteers, governors, employees, agents, representatives, parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, related entities, partners, partnerships, suppliers of prizes, licensees, and licensors from any liability in connection with this Contest (c) sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor a Publicity Release form, (d) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill testing mathematical question to be administered by Contest Sponsors.
12. Selected Entrants may also be required to submit valid proof of identity and each individual listed on the contest entry must supply their own hockey equipment including an approved safety helmet.
13. By accepting one of the Prizes, the Prize Winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, City of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any further publicity carried out in connection with this Contest, with no additional compensation to the Winner beyond the awarding of the Prize.
14. There are a total of ten (10) grand prizes to be awarded each consisting of the following:
- Twenty (20) 200 level tickets to the Calgary Flames regular season home game for which the Selected Entrant is chosen by the Contest Sponsors pursuant to the chart in paragraph 6 (the “Selected Game”);
- Six (6) individual game parking passes valid on the evening of the Selected Game; and
- An opportunity for the individuals listed on the entry form to skate during the first Intermission Feature during the Selected Game (the “Skate”).
Details regarding the Skate
15. On the night of the Selected Game, all team members, coaches and attending parents and/or guardians must be at the Shipping and Receiving entrance to the Scotiabank Saddledome at least one hour prior to the start of the Selected Game. A member of the Calgary Flames Security will meet the team at the door and take the team to a designated dressing room. A limit of eight (8) parents and/or guardians will be permitted in the dressing room.
16. During the first period of the Selected Game all players, parents and/or guardians and coaches must remain in their designated dressing room. At the 5 minute mark (5:00 remaining in the first period), all players should be dressed in full protective gears and helmet. Jerseys will be provided for the Skate but must be returned immediately thereafter. The Calgary Flames staff will provide all of the Skate details prior to the event. The Skate will last approximately 2.5 minutes. A maximum of eight (8) parents and/or guardians may watch the Skate from ice level. After the Skate all players will be taken back to the shipping and receiving and all equipments must be immediately removed from the dressing room. Parents and/or guardians may bring cameras and video cameras on ice to photograph the Skate. Photographing and videoing is prohibited in the hallways.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
17. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures or communication failures other circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the Contest in any manner, including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrants’ ability to participate in the Contest, prize notification or entrant response to the notification, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of the foregoing. Further, the Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to entrants’ or third parties’ computer occasioned by participation in the Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
18. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the Contest Sponsor shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded and entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and its subsidiaries, parent companies, and affiliates; and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, and agents for all claims or damages arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of a Prize awarded therein.
19. The Contest Sponsor makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any Prize and disclaims on any implied warranties.
20. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any of the Prize (or portion thereof) without notice for alternate prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged or returned for cash.
21. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or extend this Contest or modifies the Official Rules and Regulations at any time without notice and shall have no liability to anyone, including entrants, for the cancellation or termination of the Contest.
22. The personal information provided by entrants to enter the Contest will be (i) collected by Vortex, (ii) used only to administer the Contest, contact Selected Entrants, verify eligibility of the Selected Entrants, and, in the event the entrant opts in at the time of registering as a SportChek.ca member (if not already a SportChek.ca member), to send SportChek.ca promotional materials and/or SportChek.ca newsletters to the entrant, and for no other reason, and (iii) accessible only to those employees of the Contest Sponsor directly involved in the Contest and will not be disclosed to third parties.
23. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes and in the manner described herein.
24. For more information about the Contest Sponsor’s commitment to your privacy please review the privacy policies online at www.sportchek.ca/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=safety&subdisplay=privacy. You can also contact us or otherwise communicate your privacy concerns by emailing us at customerservice@SportChek.ca.
25. All decisions of the Judges and the Contest Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants without rights of appeal.
26. As a condition of participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action proceeding, and exclusively before a court located in the province of Alberta and that the court shall apply the laws of the province of Alberta doctrines of conflict of law and that you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the province of Alberta. Further, each entrant agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal costs or attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering the Contest.
27. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that she or he is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.